At a glance
Mora Associates is a holding company, advisory and project management firm specialised in clean energy, clean technologies, electric mobility and sustainable development. Mora Associates advises clients and develops projects for own account.
Areas of expertise
- Clean power generation (wind, solar, geothermal, biomass)
- Energy storage and smart grids
- Electric mobility
- Sustainable development strategies
- In 2009, Mora Associates starts developing wind parks in Brazil.
- In 2010, Mora Associates creates Freshmile in Strasbourg, France — an electric mobility operator and load aggregator.
- In 2011, Freshmile starts the “Alsace Auto 2.0” project in Strasbourg, demonstrating the technical feasibility of aggregating a fleet of batteries in electric vehicles.
- In 2012, Freshmile takes part in Alpstore — a research project on distributed energy storage funded by the European Union and launched in 7 European countries with 19 partners.
- In 2013, Freshmile is the recipient of several innovation awards.
- In 2014, Freshmile launches a mobility tracker mobile application, available for iPhone and Android.
- In 2014, Freshmile starts marketing the Freshmile Charge service, an all-in-one solution for EV charging stations.
- In 2014, Mora Associates acquires the BAL Biogas brand in Germany to address the biogas market in France.
- In 2015, Freshmile launches a fully-fledged charging service for electric vehicles, complete with an end-client mobile application for iPhone and Android.
- In 2016, the group Caisse des dépôts co-invested with Freshmile to create Freshmile Services, a subsidiary that sells and operates the charging services for electric vehicles developed by Freshmile. Caisse des dépôts is France’s largest institutional investor. With this deal, Freshmile acquires long-term financial stability to keep developing on the fast-growing market of electric mobility.
- In 2017, Mora Associates and The Nation Consultancy start a cooperation on designing sustainable development strategies for countries.